Three Hour Workshop at Batsford Arboretum. Discover the true beauty of Autumn in this stunning setting. Situated very close to Moreton in Marsh, close to the Oxfordshire / Gloucestershire and Warwickshire borders this natural woodland is home to one of the largest private tree collections in the country, It's also famed for trees which originate in Japan and China.
The collection includes a number of Red Data species which are extinct in the wild and several UK champion trees, famed for their size. We'll walk around the Arboretum with you and show you the best techniques for capturing the beautiful autumn colours.
In order to join us on this workshop you'll need a camera with full manual controls preferably. A Digital SLR would be great but great results can be obtained with other CSC or Bridge cameras too. We'll walk you through the basic setting of your camera for any than need it but for those already familiar with the settings then you can dive straight in.
You must be 16 years of age or older to attend this workshop.
This workshop is entirely practical based. Because group sizes will be small whether you are a budding photographer or a complete novice you'll find we will help all that we can. For anybody that's been on one of workshops before you'll know our workshops are as laid back as you'll get. .
- Learn how to make that important switch between Fully Automatic to Semi Automatic and then on to Manual
- Learn about Speed, Aperture, ISO and White Balance
- Find out what the controls are for and more importantly what do they do
- Learn composition tricks whether photographing ion bright sunshine or the lovely British rain
- We'll do some live demonstrations for you to illustrate the effects can do
- If you have a digital SLR we will demonstrate using Canon but we also know Nikon and Sony DSLR's well.
- Duration : 3hrs
- Course size : 8 maximum
- nr Moreton in Marsh - Driving times Oxford - 45 minutes, Birmingham 1 Hour, Cheltenham - 35 mins, Warwick - 40 minutes.
- It is a 5 minute taxi ride from Moreton in Marsh train station with direct links from London Paddington (1hr 30 mins) Reading 1hr, Oxford 30mins and Evesham Worcester and Malvern.
- Let us know if you are coming by train as we can book a shared taxi should anybody else be coming via train either.
Dates to be confirmed Starting March / April.